Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dolls, pokemon, and expensive yarn.

Hello!
So, I went to Hobby Lobby on Monday, and decided to load up on yarn. I kept on hearing that Cotton yarn was supposed to be excellent, soooo I tried it. I LOVE COTTON YARN! It's wonderfully soft, very easy to work with, and it glides very smoothly on your hook. It also doesn't fray, which is awesome because I always have trouble with getting caught on parts of the yarn that frayed when I'm using synthetic yarn. The only downside to it that I found, is that it's a lot more expensive than synthetic yarns, so I would only use it if you are planning on making something very high quality, like a clothing item.
     In other news, while I was at Hobby Lobby, I bought some yarn to make some awesome pokemon for my brother, (he wanted Psyduck and Wooper). You can find the patterns for a PLETHERA of pokemon, mario bros., or just random crochet patterns, at  http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/ .
     But I'm not done yet! I ALSO bought the yarn to make an awesome doll, which I'll be posting pictures of as soon as we find our camera. You can find the pattern for this adorable little doll at 
http://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/wp-content/uploads/satevepost/Magdalena-doll-for-Saturday-Evening-Post.pdf
PHEW! I'm done typing now, for this post. I hope you enjoy the patterns, Happy Crocheting!
~Julia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia, I've only made 1 amigurumi & used acrylic, it was ok, but not excellent & certainly not long-lasting in term of shape. I want to try using cotton, but as you say, it's a bit pricey. I find 80% cotton yarn less expensive, but do you think it would work just as well for making ami, compared to acrylic? Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete